- You must be a Singapore Citizen
- Your family nucleus must comprise at least another Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident.
- You must be at least 21 years old at the time of application
- If you are buying an Executive Condominium (EC) under the Joint Singles Scheme, you must be at least 35 years old
You must form a proper family nucleus under one of the following schemes:
You, the applicant and;
Your spouse, and children (if any)
Your parents, and siblings (if any)
Your children under your legal custody, care and control (for widowed/ divorced)
You, the applicant and your fiancé/fiancée
You, the applicant and;
Your unmarried siblings, or
Another single unrelated orphan
You, the applicant and another single person
You may buy a dual-key EC units offered by the developer if you form a multi-generation family as follows:
- Married couple with parents/grandparents
- Fiancé and fiancée couple with parents/grandparents
- Widowed/divorced with children and parents/grandparents
Your average gross monthly household income must not exceed $12,000.
Special Requirement for Undischarged Bankrupts
Undischarged bankrupts need to seek the Official Assignee (OA)’s consent if they are applying for an EC. However, they do not need to seek the OA’s approval to be listed as an occupier.
Ownership in Private Property
You, your spouse, any occupiers listed in the Application Form or their spouses must not own or dispose or have an estate or interest in any other flat, house, building or land*
- Within 30 months before the date of application, and
- Between the application date and the date of taking possession of the EC
* includes but not limited to:
- HUDC flats (Privatised and Non-Privatised)
- Properties acquired by gift
- Properties inherited as beneficiaries under a will or as a result of the Intestate Succession Act
- Private properties
- Properties owned/acquired/disposed through nominees regardless of properties location
Owners/Ex-owners of HDB flats / DBSS flats / EC units
Each eligible Singaporean household can buy the following housing unit only twice:
- a flat from the HDB;
- a resale flat with the CPF Housing Grant*;
- a DBSS flat from developer;
- an EC unit from developer.
*Only applicable for first-timer applicants
If you have already bought two housing units, you will not be eligible to apply or be listed as an essential occupier in an application.